This vegetable soup recipe was kindly shared with us by the amazing Tofu Studio Melbourne. Delicious, warming and full of nourishing vegetables, it's perfect for the cooler nights. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 large carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more thinly shredded basil for garnish
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and smoked paprika and sauté for 4 minutes, or until softened. Add carrots and celery, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, add thyme sprigs, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Smash 1/2 cup chickpeas with back of a fork to form paste. Add smashed and whole chickpeas, stock, and 2 cups water to pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Add basil, salt and pepper, and cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thin soup with stock or water (if necessary), and adjust seasoning. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve garnished with shredded basil.
- Top with greek yoghurt, extra virgin olive oil and soulseed hemp seeds.