Winter is coming and as the temperature drops we start to crave warm hearty meals to warms us up from the inside out. So today we share with you some recipes using one of our favourite nuts, the macadamia.
Spinach and Pumpkin Lasagne with Macadamia Béchamel
Spinach and Pumpkin Lasagne Ingredients
- 600g spinach, stems trimmed, washed and drained
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and cut into 5mm thick slices
- 300g lasagne sheets
Spinach and Pumpkin Lasagne Method:
- Lightly steam the pumpkin until just soft.
- Grease a rectangular baking dish.
- Cover base with 1 layer pasta sheets, cutting to fit.
- Top with a layer of béchamel sauce.
- Top with half the spinach and half the pumpkin.
- Repeat layers, finishing with remaining béchamel. Top with remaining parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered at 180ºC/355ºF for 50 minutes or until pumpkin and lasagne are tender.
- Stand lasagne for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Béchamel Sauce Ingredients
- 60g butter
- 43g flour
- 1lt Suncoast Gold Macadamia Milk
- 100g parmesan cheese
Béchamel Sauce Method:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling.
- Remove from heat. Slowly add Macadamia Milk, whisking constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Return to heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil, thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat. Stir in half of the parmesan and season.
Chicken and Macadamia Curry
- 50ml Macadamia Oil
- 1.5kg chicken thighs, skin removed and diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Pinch chilli powder
- 500ml Suncoast Gold Macadamia Milk
- Coriander for garnish
- Heat the Macadamia Oil in a large saucepan or wok.
- Sauté the onions, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add the spices and cook until aromatic.
- Add the chicken and cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the Macadamia Milk, bring to the boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked. Season.
- Serve with rice, garnished with fresh coriander sprigs.
Thank you to Suncoast Gold Macadamia Milk for sharing these recipes with us. To find out more information and recipes using Macadamia Milk head to www.macmilk.com.au