Did you used to love those LCM bars you has in your lunch box growing up that were jam packed full of sugar? Well the amazing Phoebe Conway has created a super tasty super healthy version of an LCM bar, packed full of healthy fats and superfood goodness.
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate pieces or chopped
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup e coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a slice tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl combine rice, oats, pepitas, coconut, chocolate, maca and cacao powder. Mix to combine and coat with the cacao powder.
- In a small saucepan melt coconut oil, sweetener, peanut butter and vanilla over a low heat until completely melted
- Pour melted liquid over dry ingredients and stir until completely coated in the wet mix
- Pour into prepared tin and press down firmly and evenly
- Place into the fridge to set around half an hour
- Once set remove from tin and slice with a warm knife into desired sized bars
- Store in the fridge!
This recipe was created by Phoebe Conway from @pheebsfoods