Having people over for drinks and dinner is such a great way to relax, plus it's an excellent opportunity to show off your cooking skills! These veggie croquettes are definitely a crowd-pleaser. They’re gluten free, healthy and most importantly: sooo tasty. Served with the awesome Tangy Turmeric Superdip mix, you can be sure your guests will be coming back for more!
Makes around 16 falafels
- ½ a brown onion, finely diced
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2-3 tbsp water, to bind
- Avocado, olive or coconut oil, to cook
- 1 cup plain coconut yoghurt
- 1 x Morlife Tangy Turmeric Superdip Mix
1. Sauté onion and carrots in a pan until soft
2. Combine in a food processor with chickpeas, coconut, quinoa flakes, coriander, cumin and salt and pulse to combine.
3. Add tahini and water.
4. Pulse again to combine- the mixture should come together when pressed.
5. Form into 16 croquettes
6. Cook croquettes in small batches over a low – medium heat with 2 tbsp oil each time, until crisp, golden and cooked through.
7. In a small bowl stir the yoghurt and tangy turmeric superdip mix to combine. Refrigerate until needed.
8. Serve croquettes with turmeric dip. Enjoy!
Next time you’re asked to bring a plate, keep these healthy treats in mind! If by some crazy chance you have any left-overs afterwards, pop them in your kid’s lunch box for a cheeky nut-free snack.