No meat? No worries! Try this recipe for chilli con carne next time you want to whip up something warming for dinner.
- 1 onion
- 1 green capsicum
- 12 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli
- 1 can Amy’s Kitchen Chunky Tomato Soup
- 5-6 sundried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 200g fresh corn kernels
- 400g lentils (cooked)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano (fresh, frozen or dry)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: guacamole and brown rice (to serve)
- Dice the garlic cloves, onion, capsicum, chilli and sundried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Throw all ingredients into a pan with oil and fry for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add tomato soup, kidney beans and corn, and stir well.
- Season with cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix in lentils.
- Simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve with brown rice and a dollop of guacamole if desired.
Fun fact: With organic vine-ripened tomatoes and a creamy tomato base, Amy’s Kitchen Chunky Tomato Soup is a delish alternative to using veggie stock, tomato puree and canned tomatoes in your chilli. We love a multi-tasker!
Will you be trying this twist on chilli con carne?