If you're like us, then you won't be a stranger to the matcha latte craze that has graced the health food world of late. And rightly so, given its array of health benefits including its high amount of antioxidants (137 time more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea), immune-boosting and detoxifying abilities, to name a few.
Naturally, we wanted to explore some other ways to incorporate this green goodness into our diet, so we put our office cook Kara to the test and she came up with the most insane Vegan Matcha Bounty Bars that are dairy, gluten and refined sugar free. They are so good, you can't stop at one.
Makes 15 Bars
- 3 cups organic desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (or extract)
- 1 ½ teaspoons matcha powder
- ½ cup of cacao butter
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- Pinch salt
- Line a rectangle slice tin with baking paper.
- Place a bowl over simmering water and gently melt the coconut oil, rice malt syrup & coconut cream on low heat.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the desiccated coconut & vanilla until well combined.
- Place half of the mixture into the lined tin & press evenly, compressing tightly all over with the back of a spoon/ with a pallet knife.
- Mix the matcha powder in the remaining coconut mix until well combined then repeat the process and press mix on top of vanilla layer.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and cut into bars then return to the freezer for another 10 mins.
- To make the chocolate, place the cacao butter, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, raw cacao powder and salt in a bowl over simmering water on low heat, stirring gently until melted.
- Using 2 forks, dip each coconut bar into the chocolate and turn a few times to evenly coat, then place on a wire rack. Repeat until all bars are covered then sprinkle the bars with desiccated coconut.
- Place in the freezer/ fridge to set. Once set you can keep these in the fridge or freezer.
Do you love wholefood sweet treats? Check out our Healthy Salted Caramel Brownies. Go on, you know you want to!