The rainy, cooler weather is upon us which is making us want to bake all day long! We've stumbled upon this bangin' vegan & refined sugar free recipe and couldn't wait to get started. Ready, Set, Cook!
- 2 cups self-raising flour (you may use gluten-free flour here if needed)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 400ml of coconut cream (refrigerated overnight) – be careful not to overturn the packaging, as you will have to drain the clear liquid first
- Half a sachet of MyMaha’s The Essential Greens (THEG)
- 3-4 tbs of rice malt syrup, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease two 8″ round baking tins
- In a large bowl, combine coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract till creamy.
- Then add the rest of the cake ingredients and mix till smooth.
- Pour the cake batter equally into two baking tins and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, check with a skewer to see if it’s completely cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool. Remove from the tin.
- While waiting for the cake to be cooked, beat the coconut cream on medium for 2 minutes or beat vigorously by hand for 5 minutes. Add THEG and rice malt, and continue beating until completely smooth then place it back in the refrigerator. (If it doesn’t form nicely into a frosting, feel free to add 1 teaspoon of arrowroot starch and continue beating. Add more if necessary.)
- Make sure the layers are as uniformed and smooth as possible. You may have to trim the layers as they may have risen differently.
- Place the one layer onto a cake board/plate, then add about 1/2 inch of THEG frosting on the layer of cake.
- Place the other layer on top and cover the entire cake surface with THEG frosting.
- Voila! It’s time to eat. Serve immediately or refrigerate before serving.
Recipe thanks to MyMaha