Because sometimes, you just wan't a COOKIE! These cashew-filled cookies are the perfect balance of crunchy and chewy, with just a touch of natural sweetness - our current go-to with a cuppa.
- 150 g (1 ½ cups) almond meal
- 3 tablespoons Spiral Foods coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 50g good quality dark chocolate, chopped - I used Bennetto Natural Foods 75% Intense Dark chocolate
- 1 packet East Bali Cashews cacao cashew nuts
- Tahini to drizzle- optional*
- Preheat oven to 150C (fan forced).
- Combine almond meal, coconut oil, maple syrup
- Add chocolate and cacao cashew nuts.
- Mix and form into a dough with hands.
- Form into 9 cookies.
- Press onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely before devouring.
- Drizzle a little tahini. Enjoy!