- 2 cups Organic Rice milk
- 2 Flax Eggs (or organic eggs)
- 1-1½ teaspoons Rooted by Heal'r
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds of one vanilla pod
- 2-2½ teaspoons grass fed gelatin powder (the latter being slightly firmer)
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup (to taste)
Suggestions for toppings:
- Drizzle of organic maple syrup
- Dusting of cinnamon/coconut sugar
- Fresh fruits i.e. orange slices, grapefruit, figs...
- Cinnamon Ginger Spiced Apples
- Place the organic rice milk, maple, rice malt, vanilla and Rooted in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until just boiled, reduce heat, and simmer for 2-3 more minutes, until evenly warmed through.
- Add in the gelatin powder, mixing through until dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Gently filter the mixture through a super fine sieve, set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Gently add the filtered warm rice milk mixture to the eggs, and whisk to evenly combine.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins, serving bowls or tea cups.
- Let the mixture cool and place in the fridge for about 5 hours or until set.
- To serve, enjoy the pannacottas topped with your choice of fruits and/or other toppings. You may also gently turn them onto serving plates, topped off with your choice of toppings. Enjoy.
- We’ve served ours here with a drizzle of maple and fresh homegrown figs.
For more wholefood dessert recipes, download our FREE Wholefood Sweet Treats Recipe e-Book here.