As the mornings get colder the GMB HQ turn to hearty and warm bowls of porridge to start the day. A new combo on the breakfast menu is this delicious bowl of Turmeric Milk Porridge, made with Pure Harvest Golden Quench Coconut Milk.
Turmeric is a immune boosting superfood that has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the effect of nasty colds. As turmeric is fat-soluable, it's best to consume with good fats like coconut milk that help the absorption of it's essential nutrients in the body. This porridge is an easy and delicious way to help protect yourself against the cold and flu season!
Recipe: Golden Coconut Porridge
V DF | Serves 2
- 1 1/2 cups Golden Quench Milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoon rice malt or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Water if required for consistency
- Assorted chopped nuts, coconut flakes, blueberries & cinnamon to serve
- Place the Golden Quench milk in a saucepan over low-media heat and gently warm.
- Add the oats, rice malt syrup and cinnamon and heat through gently for 10-15 minutes or until oats soften.
- Stir through mashed banana and let simmer for 30 seconds.
- You may need to add a little more milk or water depending on desired consistency.
- To serve, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped nuts, blueberries or coconut flakes and enjoy!
Show us your porridge creations on Instagram using the hashtag #goodnessmebox