By Naturopath Amy Hotz.
Products containing rosehip are filling the shelves at your local health food store and for good reason.This tiny red to orange fruit of the rose plant is not only causing a fuss in the natural skincare and beauty world but is a fantastic natural anti-inflammatory supplement.
Available as an oil, in a powdered or capsule form or as a tea, here are five benefits of the very versatile rosehip:
1. Hydration: Naturally a rich source of essential fatty acids, Vitamin A and antioxidants, rosehip oil can be used as a super hydrating, moisturising serum. Use it as a rich facial oil for dry skin in the colder months, or to soothe and hydrate sunburnt skin in summer; A few drops is all you need – A little bit goes a long way with this pure, potent oil.
2. Scar healing: Looking for something to put on acne-scars or that kitchen or hair straightener burn? Try rosehip oil; The essential fatty acids in its oil can help regenerate skin cells and repair damaged skin tissue. You can apply rosehip oil liberally to scars on a daily basis to help reduce their appearance and repair the skin. Suitable for discoloured or pigmented skin too. My pick is RosehipPLUS Certified Organic Rosehip Oil which comes in a dropper or a handy roll-on for a skin boost!
3. Anti-ageing: Rosehip oil is also rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce premature ageing of the skin. Add rosehip oil to your nightly beauty routine to help keep your skin stay looking fresh and young;Great as an alternative to your night cream and eye-cream. I love that rosehip is a multipurpose oil, so I can cut down on the number of products in my skincare routine, saving time and money! No nasty or artificial ingredients in it either.
4. Anti inflammatory: Research shows that in powdered form Rosehip with the patented GOPO® compound may help reduce the symptoms and pain of arthritis, osteoarthritis and rheumatism. Natural and side effect-free, Rose-Hip Vital® with GOPO® is the only Rosehip powder with GOPO® available in Australia. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and natural source of Vitamin C which may also help increase joint mobility, relieve inflammation and alleviate lower back pain. It’s also great for active people to protect cartilage and aid recovery after exercise. Drink rosehip as a tea for general anti-inflammatory benefits or speak to your healthcareprofessional about how to take Rose-Hip Vital® with GOPO® as a capsule or powder as a daily supplement.
5. Canine Health: Not just for humans, rosehip is dog-friendly too! It helps improve the joint health of your ageing dog or the general wellbeing of your puppy; The high vitamin C content in rosehip acts as a natural immune booster and is safe for our four-legged friends. Rose-Hip Vital® Canine has the added GOPO®compound. Talk to your vet, or use a practitioner-approved product when administering a supplement to your pets.
RosehipPLUS™ is a brand that is distributed by The Rosehip Specialists™ – an Australian owned family business. The Rosehip Specialists™ pride themselves on sourcing and producing the finest Rosehip products that enhance the quality of people’s inner health and beauty Website.