By GoodnessMe Box Nutritonist, Melissa Fine.
Valentines Day wouldn’t be Valentines Day without some chocolate, or in our case, the good stuff - raw chocolate. Here’s what we’ll be sharing round at GoodnessMe Box HQ come February 14.
1. Single-Girl (or Guy’s) Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
Just double this if you’re making it for a special someone.
- 2 heaped TBS 100% smooth peanut butter (or sub with almond butter)
- 1 TBS cacao powder
- 1 TBS desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- Small splash almond, rice or coconut milk
- Handful blueberries or raspberries, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients excluding berries in a small bowl, mixing with a spoon until smooth.
- Top with berries to make it look pretty and eat straight-up; I like to serve this in a shot glass ☺ For a firmer texture, cover and leave to set in the fridge for an hour or so.
2. Chocolate-Coconut Fruit Salad
Yep, you heard me…
Ingredients: (Serves 6-8)
- 2 punnet strawberries, tops cut off and cut into halves
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1 Cup cherries, pitted and cut into halves
- ¼ Cup cacao nibs
- ¼ Cup coconut chips
- Coconut yoghurt or coconut milk ice cream, to serve
- Just before serving, add all ingredients excluding yoghurt to a pretty bowl; I like to use glass bowl so you can see everything.
- To serve, divide into jars, wine glasses or small pretty bowls and top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or coconut ice cream – Love in a bowl.
3. Loved-Up Five Minute Fudge
I’ve added a few extra special ingredients to this go-to recipe of mine, which is always a hit – Try it and thank me later ☺
Ingredients: (Makes 16 pieces)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 TBS cacao powder
- 2.5 TBS coconut butter (from health food stores), or sub with coconut oil
- 1.5 Cup raw pecans, or sub with walnuts
- 3/4 Cup raw macadamias
- 3 TBS water
- 1-2 TBS shredded coconut
- 3 TBS goji berries
- 3 TBS Orgamix Cacao Crackle, or other cacao nibs
- Add the pecans and 1/2 cup of the macadamias to a good blender (I used an OmniBlend). Pulse several times, or until the nuts have a rough, meal-like consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender, excluding the shredded coconut and the 1/4 Cup macadamias set aside. Blend on a low-medium setting until everything is nicely combined and the mixture is smooth; You may need to turn the blender off a couple times and push the mixture down from the sides a few times with a large or wooden spoon.
- Roughly chop remaining 1/4 Cup macadamias and then stir into the mixture, along with ¾ of both the goji berries and cacao nibs, reserving some for the garnish.
- Line a small-medium brownie/slice tray with baking paper.
- Scoop out fudge mixture from the blender and press into the baking tray, flattening and evening out the mixture with a spoon. Sprinkle shredded coconut and remaining goji berries and cacao nibs on top, lightly pressing them down with a spoon so they stick. Cover and place in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Once firm, remove fudge from freezer and cut into +- 16 small squares. Store in the fridge for a softer fudge or in the freezer for a firmer texture. These will keep for about 10 days in the fridge. Happy Valentines Day guys!
For more decadent sweet treats recipes, download our FREE Wholefood Sweet Treats Recipe e-Book here.