Kira got the nation talking on this seasons Master Chef with her healthy Quinoa risotto! When she’s not busy cooking up a healthy storm, she spends her time raising her two young girls and running her health studio with her husband, where they take a wholesome approach to weight loss and wellbeing.
We were lucky enough to get our hands on Kira’s healthy recipe for
Tea Infused Coconut Nice-cream:
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1-2 of your fav Madame Flavour Tea Bags
- 2-3 tbsp rice malt syrup, or to taste
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract, or seeds of 1 pod
- 2 egg yolks
- Place coconut cream, 2 tbsp syrup, vanilla and tea bags in a saucepan, and bring to a gentle simmer for a few minutes. Take off the heat and allow the tea to infuse to desired intensity- tip: the flavour always dulls once frozen, so be generous! Remove the tea bags, and taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Add the yolks to a blender, and while blending on medium speed slowly pour in the hot coconut cream. (You can use the whisk and bowl method if you prefer, but I find this easier and less risk of curdling the yolks!)
- Pour the cream back into the pot, and stir continuously over a medium heat with a wooden spoon until it thickens slightly- it is ready when it coats the back of the spoon. Do not boil, as it will curdle! If you have a thermometer you are looking for 85 degrees.
- Cool, then transfer to your ice cream maker, following its directions.
- 1 Banjo bear
- 2 tsp coconut oil
Melt ingredients together over a double boiler. Combine well, then serve over ice cream. It will set when it hits the cold!
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1-2 tsp rice malt syrup, to taste
Simmer ingredients together until raspberries begin to break down – about 5 minutes. Pour into a fine metal sieve, and gently press the pulp through with a spoon, leaving the seeds behind. Return to the pan and simmer until it thickens- about 5 minutes.
When ice cream has churned serve with raspberry syrup, nice-magic, toasted coconut and fresh raspberries
Kira specializes in pilates, yoga, nutrition and healthy cooking classes. For more of Kira’s inspiring and wholesome recipes, check out her Website.