This lamb rack recipe is perfect for those warm spring nights. Thanks to our friends at Jomies Fine Foods for the recipe.
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction
- 3 springs Rosemary
- 3 Garlic gloves
- 2 rack of lamb, French racked & trimmed
- 2 small sweet potato cut in rounds
- a bunch of dutch carrots, peeled and left whole
- a bunch asparagus washed bottoms trimmed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Method | Serves: 4
Time: 45 minutes plus 2 hours or overnight marinating
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Make Marinade: Heat wine, rosemary & garlic reduce then add Sweet Balsamic Reduction.
- Cool then pour over lamb and marinate 2hrs or overnight.
- Sear lamb over hot fry pan with a little olive oil for a few minutes each side till caramelised, season to taste.
- Add sweet potatoes & carrots to fry pan till caramelised, then add fry pan to oven for 12 minutes for Medium to rare Lamb.
- While the lamb rack is in oven, pan fry or grill asparagus.
- Transfer all ingredients to a large plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Serve dish with a drizzle of Sweet Balsamic Reduction.
Watch the video on how to make this delicious meal here