Not your regular carrots.. This roasted carrot salad will have your tastebuds screaming! The tangy pomegranates paired with the tahini apple cider dressing partner perfectly with the roasted gold carrots. This is the perfect dish to take along to parties, prepare for your family or even meal prep it in advance for your work lunch. For an extra crunch we highly recommend throwing some X50 broccoli chips on top.
- 1 bunch dutch carrots, cut in half length ways
- ½ tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g packet rocket leaves
- 1 can lentils, rinsed
- 2 tbsp Dukkah spice (recipe below)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 50g goat cheese
- 1 packet X50 Broccolli Chips
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup water, to thin
- Preheat your oven to 170°C fan-forced.
- Combine carrots, olive oil, sumac and sea salt.
- Spread on a lined baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, whisk everything together to make the tahini dressing.
- Arrange the rocket leaves on a large serving plate then top with lentils, roasted carrots, X50 Broccoli Chips, pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
- Sprinkle with dukkah and drizzle with tahini sauce.
Homemade Dukkah Spice
- 1 cup nuts of choice
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 170°C fan-forced
- Roast nuts and sesame seeds on a tray for 10 minutes- keep and eye on them!
- Put everything into food processor and blend into a coarse consistency.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.