Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? This dessert is so delicious, and good for you as well. There is absolutely no dairy in this cheesecake, and no processed sugar. The sweetness is all supplied by fresh fruit. If you don’t believe us when we say how good this is, make it and see for yourself!
- 2 cups macadamia nuts – soaked overnight
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 × 300 g packet frozen
- raspberries, slightly thawed
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs, to garnish
- Place the macadamias, 10 of the dates and the cinnamon in a food processor and mix until a wet crumb is formed.
- Line the base and side of a 20 cm round cake tin with some baking paper, then pour the mixture into the tin and press down firmly to flatten it. Put it in the fridge to chill until it’s firm.
- To get the fake cheese mixture sorted, start by blending the soaked cashews, lemon juice, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, vanilla bean seeds and salt in the food processor. Blend it up so it’s really smooth – it should take around 5 minutes or so.You want the mixture to be light and fluffy. It should be a great creamy colour and free of lumps.
- Pour this cheese mixture into the cake tin on top of the base. To even out the surface, give the tin a few light taps on the bench.
- Finally, get started on your raspberry layer. Put the berries and the 2 remaining dates in the food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to add a little water. Pour this mixture onto your cheese layer and smooth it out with the bottom of a spoon. Sprinkle with the cacao nibs.
- Place the cake tin in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- This cheesecake is best served just slightly thawed, so give it some time on the kitchen bench to soften before cutting.
This gorgeous recipe comes from Luke & Scott’s ‘Clean Living Cookbook’. To find out more about Luke & Scott go to www.lukeandscott.com