We love nothing more than a protein-packed snack to keep us going throughout the day. These gluten, dairy and refined sugar free protein bars are that good you could eat them for dessert!
Makes: 4 large or 8 small bars
For the bars:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 tbsp IsoWhey Wholefoods Bio-Fermented Pea & Brown Rice Protein Powder (Vanilla & Lucuma flavour)
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 tbsp coconut butter / coconut paste, softened
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
For the chocolate:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you'd like it)
- Crushed toasted (unsalted) peanuts
- Blend the walnuts in a food processor for a few seconds, until it forms a flour. Add the protein powder, lucuma powder and coconut flour. Pulse to combine. Add the coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup and blend until a dough forms.
- Dust a clean work surface with coconut flour and transfer the dough to this surface. Shape into logs (either 4 large or 8 small). Place onto a lined tray and refrigerate until firm - at least 30 minuted.
- Whisk together the chocolate ingredients in a bowl.
- When the bars are firm, remove them from the refrigerator and take turns dipping each one into the raw chocolate mixture.
- Allow bars to cool on the lined tray for at least 10 minutes, then dip again.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts while the chocolate is still wet. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe created by Mandy Banh.
For more wholefood snack & dessert recipes, visit the recipes section of our blog.