We love chocolate made with real wholefood ingredients. Just because you are healthy doesn’t mean you need to miss out on some much-loved delights. This Raw Cherry Ripe Slice create by blogger Maddison Rigg tastes just like the real thing! Forget the artificial and processed ingredients, this is one you can have a taste of all week long.
- 1 cup of nuts (I used 1/2 cup of almonds and 1/2 of cashews and a few macadamia nuts)
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 2 cup of dates (make sure they’re pitted)
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of cherries
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Absolute Organic Coconut
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbs Koco Choc Caramel powder
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder
- 2 tbs Coconut oil
- 2 tbs raw agave nectar or rice malt syrup if you don’t have agave nectar
- 1 tbs water
- Blend the nuts, cacao powder and dates for the base
- Flatten out the base into a tin using the back of a soon
- Blend the strawberries, cherries, and almond milk until a smooth consistency is formed
- Mix in the shredded coconut and pour the mixture over the base
- Freeze for around 15 minutes or until set
- Add all the topping ingredients into a bowl
- Place bowl on top of a larger bowl filled with just enough boiling water to melt the ingredients
- Stir ingredients until combined
- Pour chocolate topping over the frozen filling and base
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Cut into slices and ENJOY!
NOTE: This slice needs to be kept in the freezer or fridge.
For more wholefood sweet treat recipes download our FREE e-book here!