Today our marketing assistant Emma shares with us her healthy take on the classic bounty bar.
(Makes approx. 15 slices)
- 1 cup Spiral Foods 'Organic Coconut Butter', liquefied
- 2 cups organic coconut shreds
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
300g organic dark chocolate or cacao
- Combine your melted coconut butter, coconut shreds and rice malt syrup in a large mixing bowl
- Stir well until fully combined
- Line a small, shallow baking tray and press mixture to the edges and place in the freezer
- While the mixture is setting, melt your dark organic chocolate either in the microwave or over the stove (be sure to stir every few seconds to prevent it from burning)
- Remove the tray from the freezer and drizzle a layer of the melted chocolate. Spread evenly.
- Cut mixture into small bite size squares and keep refrigerated
Pro-tip: Instead of refrigerating the slice, store in an airtight container in the freezer. They will keep for well over a week this way! (Or until they’re all gone ;-) ) Recipe by @theholisticfoodie_