This delicious rocky road recipe with kindly shared with us by Laura Henshaw and Steph Clare Smith, the Keep It Cleaner Co-Founders! It is gluten free and dairy free, so a perfect dessert for everyone!
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped (or your favourite nut - hazelnuts also work well)
- 1⁄2 cup puffed rice (or puffed spelt or puffed millet)
- 1⁄2 cup goji berries
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cacao nibs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbs almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1⁄2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bee pollen (optional)
- Line a slice tray or rectangular container with baking paper making sure sides overhang for easy removal.
- Combine almonds, puffed rice, goji berries, coconut and cacao nibs in a medium bowl.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan. Add almond butter, syrup, cacao powder, maca, vanilla and pollen, stirring well until combined.
- Mix in with dry ingredients and spread onto prepared tray.
- Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours before cutting into even pieces. (We recommend freezing overnight if possible. Store in the freezer.)