This salad recipe created by Alyse from @anappleaday_nutrition combines 3 of our favourite foods, pomegranates, coconut and walnuts.
- 1/8 red cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 generous handfuls of rocket leaves
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely sliced
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 2 cups walnuts (activated preferred)
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut sweet spread, softened
- 100g goat's cheese (optional)
- Splash of olive oil
- Red wine vinegar to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine coconut sweet spread and walnuts in small bowl. Spread onto baking paper and roast for 5 minutes or until golden.
Combine chopped cabbage, rocket, fennel and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Top with crumbed goat's cheese and walnuts.
Drizzle with olive oil (and red wine vinegar if you're using) before serving.