In the cooler months the GMB team LOOOOVE their morning porridge, but we all know how boring it can get so we asked the team over at Move Nourish Believe to share with us some delish recipes that are sure to pimp up your porridge!
The perfect base for any porridge recipe.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 3/4 cup water
- Generous dash of almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook porridge for approx. 5 minutes.
Carrot cake porridge
- 1/2 carrot (grated)
- 1/2 carrot ribboned
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Chopped walnuts
- Make the porridge base. While cooking, add in grated carrot and stir until mixture thickens. Sprinkle salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and stir through.
- Serve hot with carrot ribbons, walnuts, drizzle of maple syrup, blueberries, and pepitas.
Caramel Chai Porridge
- ½ banana (mashed)
- 3 Iranian dates or 1 medjool date (chopped into fine pieces)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 star anise
- Make the porridge base. While cooking, add in mashed banana, maca powder and chopped dates – and stir until mixture starts to thicken thickens. Add in spices and let the aroma fill the kitchen.
- When cooked to your liking (add more water if you like it runnier) transfer to bowl and adorn with fresh banana, chia seeds, blueberries, pistachios, buckwheat groats and chopped dates.
Want more breakfast inspiration? Head to www.movenourishbelieve.com