Don't know about you guys, but here at GMB anything with peanut butter gets us going! So we were VERY excited when Shan Cooper from My Food Religion shared this baby with us.
You'd never guess it was gluten and dairy free, and you don't even need to cook it, just pop it into the freezer - perfect for these warmer months. Enjoy!!
- 1/2 cup almonds (or nut/seed of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 15 fresh dates, seeds removed
Blend in a food processor until it comes together like a dough. Remove and press into a baking-paper lined tray. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup natural coconut milk yoghurt (or full fat coconut cream)
- 1/2 cup 100% peanut butter (or other type of nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup collagen hydrolysate (optional but amazing for skin, hair, nails & gut health) Pinch salt
Mix all ingredients together well then pour over the base. Pop it in the freezer while you make the topping.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (you could use ghee, cacao butter or butter instead)
- 2 tbs raw cacao
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup/honey/coconut nectar
Mix all ingredients until smooth, pour over the slice and pop back in the freezer for 2 hrs to set. Slice. Devour. Try to stop at one piece. That’s a dare.