These energy bars - kindly shared with us from the fab Lorna Jane Clarkson - are the PERFECT pick-me-up energy booster after a workout or when that 3pm slump comes along.
It only takes 10 minutes to throw the ingredients into the food processor and press into a slice tin and ta-dah your healthy and nutritious snack is ready to go!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Servings: 16-20 serves
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 16 pitted medjool dates (or 1 cup soaked dried dates)
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- Blend all ingredients, except boiling water, in a food processor until crumbed.
- Slowly add boiling water until the mix forms a ball in the processor.
- Firmly press the mixture into a lined slice tin and allow to harden for 30 min - 1hr before eating.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.