In need of some breaky inspiration? Batter up with this paleo-friendly spin on the beloved pancake. Perfect for Sunday morning brunching!
- 1 tbs ghee, melted for greasing
- 80g almond meal
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 4 eggs lighly beaten
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 125ml almond milk or rice milk
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 125g mixed berries, plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) and grease a 25cm (10 inch) oven-proof frying pan or baking dish with the ghee
- Put the almond meal, rice malt syrup, salt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking until smooth. Place the peach and berries in the prepared pan and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 20-25mins or until puffed and golden. To serve, slice into wedges and top with extra rice malt syrup and berries.