In need of some breaky inspiration? Batter up with this paleo-friendly spin on the beloved pancake. Perfect for Sunday morning brunching!
- 1 tbs ghee, melted for greasing
- 80g almond meal
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 4 eggs lighly beaten
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 125ml almond milk or rice milk
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 125g mixed berries, plus extra to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) and grease a 25cm (10 inch) oven-proof frying pan or baking dish with the ghee
Put the almond meal, rice malt syrup, salt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking until smooth. Place the peach and berries in the prepared pan and pour the batter over the top.
Bake for 20-25mins or until puffed and golden. To serve, slice into wedges and top with extra rice malt syrup and berries.