Wanting to amp up your pancake game? Re-create these restaurant-quality pancakes at your next brunch shindig and impress the socks off all the guests! No-one will be able to tell these gourmet hot cakes are secretly gluten, dairy and sugar free.
Yields: 8-10 Pancakes
- 105g organic, non-bleached flour
- 2 tbs organic coconut flour
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink salt
- 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water infused with 1 teabag of Qi Tea Organic White Tea ‘Spiced Orange’
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs Rice Malt Syrup
- Handful of coconut chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. Now add the melted coconut oil, infused tea and nut milk. Mix until fully combined & no lumps. Spray a large frying pan with coconut oil spray and let it sit on the stove for a few mins on low heat.
- Once hot, pour the mixture on the pan using a ladle (approx. ¼ Cup). Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on the first side, flip and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- While the pancakes are cooking, place the frozen berries, lemon juice, rice malt syrup in a small saucepan and heat on medium. Once simmering, cook for approximately 5-6 minutes
- Now for the finale! Stack pancakes on a plate and top with All the toppings. You can drizzle with a tiny bit more of the rice malt syrup if desired, then sprinkle the coconut chips on top. Voila!
Recipe created by Emma from The Cheeky Foodie