Let's be frank. Everyone loves Nutella! It's that delicious combo of chocolate and hazelnuts that makes us want to polish off the jar. Here at GMB HQ we have learnt to stay away from the bad stuff and instead look for healthy ways to recreate it! Here is a much better for you version featuring Nutra Organics Clean Protein. So not only is it a delicious sweet treat but it will fill you up and keep you going.
- 2 tbsp Clean Protein Cacao Choc
- 70g ground cashews
- 150g or about 8 dates
- 60g Cacao
- 40g Coconut Oil
- 200g hazelnut meal
- 40 Cacao
- 30g Coconut Oil
- Handful of roughly chopped hazelnuts
Note: you can add some brown rice syrup or coconut sugar if you want it sweeter
- First make sure your cashews and hazelnuts are ground.
- Add all base ingredients to your food processor and whizz until a thick consistency.
- The mixture should be firm and hold together. Place the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper (any tray around 20 by 30 cm)
- Press down firmly even and flat.
- For the choc top, melt the coconut oil gently. In a bowl mix coconut oil and cacao until smooth (add sweetness now if you want)
- Drizzle over the base and sprinkle hazelnuts on top!
- Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up then slice and store in the fridge or cool place
Thanks to Nutra Organics for this recipe.