This weeks Day On A Plate comes from Tanisha Angel. Tanisha is a Sydney based bachelor of health science (naturopathy) student, healthy living advocate, food, travel and lifestyle blogger, and raw dessert chef.
I follow Ayurvedic principles and try to eat seasonally - now that it's warmer I've been gravitating towards more cooling foods. I also believe in indulgences and have a big sweet tooth, I just make sure to make everything myself so it's all nutritious and unprocessed.
Wake up, shower, apply coconut oil on my body, and brush my teeth, before heading to the kitchen and downing a mug of hot lemon and ginger water.
If the weather is nice I'll go for a walk and then come home and make myself a nourishing brekky - I've been loving a refreshing smoothie bowl lately - this morning it was an antioxidant filled beetroot and raspberry bowl, and I'll always have a pot of herbal or green tea!
I'll either watch some uni lectures at home or head into the city to study in the library - regardless, I'll have a few cups of green tea (I'm a green tea addict!)
Raw treats are my specialty, so I'll munch on a slice of homemade raw cheesecake, or have a bar of homemade honeyfree honeycomb chocolate (today I opted for a slice of my new alcohol free Tia Maria cheesecake). I'll generally eat this whilst catching up on tumblr questions and replying to emails
A delicious lunch of vegan pho with mushrooms, baby spinach and tofu
I'll generally made a raw cheesecake or slice for a cafe I supply to, or create a new raw dessert to extend my repertoire. I'll probably snack on a handful of sultanas whilst making this, as well as have some sneaky tastes of whatever I'm making (taste testing is essential, right?!)
I like to eat dinner fairy early - lately with the warmer weather I've been loving salad with roasted curried chickpeas
A dessert of some honeyfree honeycomb chocolate!
Kick back with a big pot of tea and read a book or watch some gossip girl or sex in the city
Recipe: Honeyfree Honeycomb Chocolate
- 1/4cup coconut sugar (can substitute raw sugar)
- 3tbsp brown rice syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1tsp baking soda
- 2.5tbsp cacao powder
- 4tbsp H2coco coconut oil (melted)
- 3tbsp brown rice syrup
For the honeycomb
- In a small milkpan over low heat, stir the coconut sugar and brown rice syrup for a few minutes until dissolved (approx 5-6mins)
- Stir in the baking soda - it'll bubble up and lighten
- Pour mixture into a silicone or baking paper lined tray and freeze for a few hours or until hard
For the chocolate
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth
- Smash pieces of the honeycomb and mix it into the raw chocolate and freeze until firm (2+ hours)