Ere Perez is a busy mother of three children and Creative Director of Ere Perez Natural Cosmetics (Click here to buy the products of Ere Perez) , a healthy natural make up line that uses ingredients such as oils, plant extracts and minerals.
Born in Mexico, Ere Perez learnt early the value of natural health and wellbeing. When she moved over to Sydney, Ere brought her heritage and love for natural living with her. We love Ere's philosophy so we sat down to chat about her day on a plate and some of her favourite recipes.
My day on a plate...
My days are long, now that I am a mother to three incredible kids, while also being very involved with one of my greatest loves – my natural cosmetics brand. This has meant my daily habits have changed to fit everything in, but I still look after myself and aim to always nourish my body from the inside out.
The day starts at 6:30am! I get the kids ready, prepare their breakfast, make their lunch boxes with fruits, veggies and water then drop them to school. I drink a lot of water and dash of lemon or a beautiful tea from Edible Beauty Energize me is my favorite,
I have my ‘breakfast box’ at the office. Usually toast and avocado with a Mexican twist (a kind of guacamole, salt & pepper, fresh tomato on the top). Sometimes I add a piece of haloumi cheese to add protein and flavor.
To keep my creativity flowing, I have a mid-morning snack. A handful of nuts are great, brazil or walnuts give me an added brain-boost. Or I might have a piece of fruit; a juicy mango in summer is my favourite. Apple with peanut butter.
For lunch I like to integrate my Mexican heritage. I’ll either have home-made nachos with black beans and guacamole, or a big salad loaded with beans, veggies and a healthy oil dressing. At this time I always make sure to step away from the desk, stand in the sunshine and enjoy the outdoors.
I drink a lot of water and herbal tea throughout the day. This keeps my skin hydrated and keeps my energy balanced. When I have a cup of coffee I use my own reusable cup. I don’t generally have time for an afternoon snack, but I make up for it with dinner.
After a long day I love to unwind by cooking for my family. One of my favourite dishes to make is my wild rice and quinoa with sauteed zucchini and mushrooms, pepitas and baby radish - so delicious!
Recipe: Corn Chips Nachos with Black Beans and Guacomle
250g Corn chips
250g Black beans
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper
1. Combine corn flour, salt and a bit of hot water.
2. Knead the dough for 20 min.
3. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin until gets very thin (3-4mm).
4. Cut the nachos into triangles (you can make different shapes)
5. Put them on the oven for 20min At 180 degrees Celsius with a splash of olive oil and salt.
Black beans sauce
1. Heat oil on medium heat in a saucepan.
2. Add onion, garlic and cumin and sauté until fragrant and soft.
3. Add black beans, hot sauce, vegetable broth, and salt and bring to a rapid simmer.
4. Reduce the heat so the pot comes to a simmer, cover and let it cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens and stir until gets smooth, you can add on the top guacamole, onion and fresh herbs.
Recipe: Wild Rice and Quiona with Sauteed Zucchini and Mushrooms, Pepitas and Baby Radish
250g wild rice
3 medium size zucchini
Salt and pepper
- Boil the quinoa and rice in water until cooked. Leave to one side.
- Stir-fry the sliced zucchini and mushrooms in coconut oil and add dukha zatar, salt and pepper when the zucchinis are brown and softer.
- Serve the vegetables over the quinoa rice.
- Add baby radish and pepitas for a nutritious garnish.
Discover Ere Perez's stunning natural make up line on her website.
For more of our 'My Day on a Plate' series, Click here to buy.