Mason Jars don't only make food Instagram-able but are a seriously eco-friendly and a convenient way to prep, transport and eat your meals on the go! We've rounded up our favourite 3 mason jar meals that cater for your next breakfast, lunch and dinner!
1. Chia Pod Jar
Using The Chia Co's nifty Oats + Quiona pod from our October GoodnessMe Box, this is a great on-the-go breakfast that can be prepped the night before and grabbed out of the fridge as you rush out the door the next morning. These chia pods are made with coconut milk and are full of fibre and healthy fats that's ideal for keeping you full until lunch. You can use whatever toppings you desire, however this is our favourite combo:
- The Chia Co Oats + Quinoa Cranberry + Coconut Chia Pod
- 2 large spoonfuls of your natural, un-flavoured yogurt of choice (we use coconut yogurt)
- 1/4 cup mixed frozen berries
- A sprinkle of coconut flakes
- Simply place the contents of the Chia Pod (warmed up or cold) into the jar, followed by your yogurt, mixed berries (warmed up or cold) and coconut flakes. Ready to go and enjoy!
2. Garden Salad Jar
Nothing makes a colourful, fresh and delicious garden salad more appetising than showing it off in a mason jar. These salads are so versatile as you can mix up the ingredients or dressing flavour to suit the seasons or your preferences! Here's one of our faves:
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Handful of purple cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/4 of cucumber, sliced
- Handful of raddish, sliced
- Small handful of green snowpeas
- Handful of baby tomatoes
- Handful of mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start to place all salad ingredients in the jar layer-by-layer.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and pour on top of the salad if you're ready to eat, otherwise keep it separate until it's time for lunch.
3. Mexican Jar
This is a great one to serve and impress your friends at the next dinner party, or simply take to work as a lunch. Throw it all together in 10 minutes and whatever you do, don't forget the corn chips!
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mixed lettuce
- 1/2 avocado, mushed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 lime
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Handful of gluten and natural free corn chips
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Mash together the avocado, lime juice and coriander to make a guacamole.
- Start assembling the jars by adding the rice, half of the guac, mixed lettuce, tomato and onion, corn and remaining guacamole.
- When it's time to eat, drizzle on the dressing and eat with corn chips.