Scott Gooding whipped up this delicious recipe at our Wholefood Night Markets and it was a hit!
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 brown onion – finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- ½ bunch coriander – stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 leek – sliced
- ½ bunch English spinach – roughly chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- Splash white wine (optional)
- 500g mussels
- ½ lemon - juiced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a large fry pan heat the butter on medium heat, add the onion, coriander stalks and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the chopped leek and add the stock and/or white wine and turn up the heat.
- Add the spinach, coconut cream and stir.
- Add the mussels and ensure to coat the mussels with the sauce.
- Once the mussels are open they are ready – serve in a deep bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy.