It can be hard to find a good quality muesli bar that isn't loaded with added sugar and strange ingredients you have never heard of, that's why we prefer to make our own. This yummy recipe comes from nutritionist in the making Sami Bloom.
- 1.5 cups Dad's Oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut (shredded or dessicated)
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 4 heaped tbsp natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Blackmores chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp Blackmores Vitality Super Greens
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
Method | Makes 12
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small pan, carefully stir together the coconut nectar, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth and liquid. Be sure not to overheat.
- Once liquid, pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to mix them together until everything is well-combined and fully coated.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and scoop the mixture on top.
- Using your hands, firmly press the mixture into the tray, especially the corners, until a uniform “block” appears.
- Place the tray into the freezer for at least 3 hours to firm, before slicing into bars. Store in the freezer or fridge, depending on desired consistency.