This recipes comes from one of our favourite Wholefood Cooks Martyna Angell from Wholesome Cook. Martyna has blown us away by recreating a childhood classic, the healthy way that is!
"When I first became old enough to carry my own pocket money around, I’d often duck into the local convenience store and indulge in a Snickers bar. Those days are gone but the flavour infatuation remains. If you can totally relate, this slice is for you."
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats or coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 3 tablespoons cashew paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla powder or natural vanilla extract 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted Nutty
- 1⁄2 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia, almond or peanut butter or hulled tahini
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts (I like peanuts, almonds and macadamias)
- 75g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, melted
Method | Serves 8-10
- Line a 16cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- To make the nougat base, process all ingredients in a food processor on low until a thick dough forms.
- Press the nougat into the base of the prepared tin, then keep in the fridge while you prepare the Nutty Caramel Layer.
- Place rice malt syrup or honey and nut butter or tahini in a small saucepan set over low heat, melt and stir to combine — do not boil.
- Add the nuts and mix well.
- Pour the nutty caramel over the nougat base and spread evenly, smoothing the top.
- Place back in the fridge for 15–20 minutes to set.
- When set, pour over melted chocolate, smooth the top and return to the fridge for a further 15 minutes to set. To serve, cut the slice into wedges. Store the slice or any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Thanks to Wholesome Cook for sharing this DELICIOUS recipe with us.