This smoothie tastes like summer! So refreshing and interesting, why not introduce your family to the joy of green smoothes, by serving it up in a big jug with lots of ice and extra fresh mint at your next BBQ.
Benefits: This light, refreshing smoothie (or blended juice) is incredibly alkalising, hydrating, nourishing and cleansing. Cucumbers are 95% water, and they contain silica, which is necessary for healthy glowing skin. Limes are high in vitamin C, which is crucial for a strong immune system, and they help to cleanse the body. Mint is an excellent skin cleanser and breath freshener, and it’s a mild stimulant, great for lifting fatigue. The addition of vanilla is for flavour, but it’s also considered an aphrodisiac. Maple and coconut water are loaded with vitmains, minerals and electrolytes. All of these ingredients stimulate digestive enzymes, improving digestion and assisting detoxification and weight loss. WINNING!!
- 1 lime, skin removed
- 1 big handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped roughly
- 1/4 – 1/2 vanilla bean, to taste (if you have a high power blender you can throw in the skin and all, otherwise deseed)
- stevia drops or preffered sweetener, to taste
- enough coconut or maple water for a juice consistency
- Lots of ice to make it icey cold!
Blend all ingredients until really smooth and a juice consistency.
Taste and ensure it is sweet enough and you can really taste the vanilla.
This recipe was created by Kira Westwick for the February 2016 GoodnessMe Box edition.