We love a good quality falafel here at GMB HQ so we thought we would up the ante and share with you a falafel recipe that is not only delicious, but has a huge kick of protein thanks to the lupin flake.
- 100g Lupin Flake
- 10g vegetable stock
- 50g onion – finely chopped
- 60g gluten-free bread crumbs (or other starches IE: tapioca/ potato/ rice)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10g chopped parsley
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 180g water
- Sweet Chilli Sauce (for vegans) or Plain Greek yoghurt to serve.
- Place all ingredients except water in a bowl blend well together.
- Add the water to the Lupin Flake mix and combine well, using a spoon.
- Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- With wet hands form the mixture into balls of desired size.
- Let balls stand for 15 minutes in the fridge or a cool place before frying.
- Deep fry balls in oil until golden brown (The oil should be very hot. Test this by sprinkling a pinch of Lupin Flake into the oil – if it sizzles then it’s ready).
- Serve with plain Greek yoghurt, sweet chilli sauce or condiment of your choice.
Thanks to our friends at Lupin Foods for this recipe.