This delicious vegan mac & cheese recipe is a great way to sneak vegetables into your meal. If you use gluten free pasta the recipe can easily be made gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 3 tablespoons Knowrish Well Better Cheddar
- 30g (¼ cup) cashew nuts
- ¼ tsp Herbamare
- 2 handfuls basil, to taste
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 box of pasta- I used pulse pasta
- Cherry tomatoes, extra basil to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
- Place broccoli, better cheddar, cashew nuts, Herbamare, basil and water in a high-speed blender. Blend until into a creamy puree.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain it and place it back into the pot. Add the broccoli sauce and stir it until the pasta is well coated.
- To serve, divide the pasta between bowls and top with grape tomatoes and extra basil leaves.