What's Easter without some Hot X Buns? Have your cake and eat it too with this healthified spin on the classic Easter bun. These babies are refined sugar free and full of only the good stuff! Warning: These went down a treat with the GMB team, so be sure to save some aside for yourself before they all go!
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup (to taste)
- 2 tbs greek yoghurt (or coconut)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tbs coconut oil [melted
- 1 egg
- Splash of nut milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- Dash of hot water
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine
- Combine egg, coconut oil, yoghurt, vanilla and rice malt and mix until well combined. Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- Add milk to create a dough-like consistency.
- Spoon out mix into small balls on your lined baking tray.
- combine coconut flour and water in a small bowl for the crosses. Make a 'cross' shape out of the mixture and place on top of buns.
- Bake in oven for 20mins or until crosses have started to brown.