Chocolate tart would have to be up there with one our favourite desserts of all time. This gluten and dairy free recipe by IsoWhey Influencer, Wholefood Dietitian & Founder of The Body Dietetics Larina Robinson is absolutely to-die-for. Give it a go yourself!
- ½ cup teff flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ¼ cup gluten free plain flour
- ¼ cup tapioca
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup IsoWhey Wholefoods Organic Cacao Powder, sifted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup IsoWhey Wholefoods Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup IsoWhey Wholefoods Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mixed berries, as many as you wish
- Extra IsoWhey Wholefoods Cacao Powder for dusting
- Combine dry pastry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add wet ingredients and form a ball. Wrap in cling wrap and store in the fridge for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, combine all filling ingredients and blend together with a hand blender/mixer. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Remove pastry from fridge and roll out to ½ cm thick. Cut into 3-4 square pieces and gently place one piece over a loose-bottom tart case. Repeat with the remainder. It may break a little but just use your fingers to mold it into the shape of the case.
- Using a fork, gently poke holes in the base, and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove tart cases from oven and set aside for approx 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the filling into the cases and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. After approx 25-30 minutes, top with mixed berries, dust with cacao powder and serve with a dollop of coconut ice cream. Delish!
For more wholefood sweets recipes, download our FREE Wholefood Sweet Treats Recipe e-Book here.