This Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake was kindly shared with us by the amazing Monique Cormack of Nourish Everyday.
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 1.5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
You will need a large mug or a ramekin for this recipe.
- Combine the almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder and salt in a mug or ramekin.
- Add the egg, maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Whisk to form a smooth batter. Make sure there is at least 2cm clear at the top of the dish so the cake doesn't overflow when cooking.
- Microwave for 60 seconds, it should puff up a lot while it's cooking but then settle down.
- Check on the cake then microwave for 15-30 more seconds until cooked to your liking. Serve while it's nice and warm. Add a scoop of coconut yoghurt or another topping!