Ever wonder how you can get creative in the kitchen with muesli? When Mix My Muesli showed us how to personalise muesli combinations on their super cool website, we began recipe testing. Here's our take on a healthy apple crumble recipe that is so good, you can have it for breakfast!
- 4 apples, cut into cubes with skin left on
- 1/4 cup fresh orange/apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, powder or paste
- 70g Mix My Muesli
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Greek yoghurt, whipped coconut cream or coconut ice-cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- To make the crumble topping, add muesli, shredded coconut, macadamias, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil to a food processor. Process until combined and a sticky crumble mixture forms.
- Place chopped apple in a medium-sized ovenproof dish and pour orange/apple juice over apples along with the vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apples and place the dish on a large baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crumble topping is golden and apples are soft.
- Serve warm with Greek Yoghurt whipped coconut cream or coconut ice-cream.