Our friends at Slendier have provided us with this delish and healthy lasagne recipe with only 398 calories for 2 servings! Made form konjac an ancient root vegetable grown in Japan, China & South Korea you are sure to love these vegan lasagne sheets.
- 250g Slendier lasagne sheets
- 150g Lean beef mince
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium carrot finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp dry oregano
- 400g can Crushed tomato
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper if desired
- One Clove crushed Garlic
- ¾ Cup low fat milk
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Gluten free Plain flour
- Prepare Slendier lasagne sheets as per instructions on pack and set aside
- Preheat oven to 180°. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add onion, garlic and cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add mince meat; stir with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Cook for& 5-7 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Add chopped carrot, canned tomato, tomato paste, bring to the boil and add oregano. Reduce heat to low and allow sauce to simmer for 20 -30 minutes
- Melt Margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat then add flour and milk; stirring for 1-2 minutes
- Lightly spray a small rectangular ovenproof dish. Spread 1/3 of béchamel sauce over the prepared dish with olive oil spray. Arrange 1/3 of the lasagne sheet over the sauce. Top with 1/3 of meat mixture and 1/3 of béchamel sauce. Continue layering in a similar pattern with remaining lasagne sheets, mince mixture and béchamel sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 40 minutes.
Have you tried konjac before? What do you think of the vegetable as a guilt free & gluten free alternative?