If you are looking to add some more protein into your diet, try these Pure Organic coconut pancakes. Each serving has around 10 grams of protein. (P.S. – These make for a great breakfast in bed for that someone special)
- 2 cups almond milk, homemade or store-bought
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 cup white rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
- Grapeseed oil, for frying pan
Method | Serves 4
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, agave, and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the shredded coconut, rice flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the almond milk mixture into the well and stir until just combined.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat. Lightly brush with grapeseed oil. Ladle 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook until bubbles appear near the center, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip the pancakes (they will be delicate) and cook until golden, about 1–2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
We like to add some extra pow to our breakie by chopping up some Pure Organic Fruit and Nut Bars and topping our pancakes with it.
Thanks to our friends at Pure Organic for this recipe. For more head to www.thepurebar.com