Spice up your morning with this Gluten Free Fig and Hazelnut Granola a sure fire way start your day on the right foot. This amazing recipes was created by @_naturalnutrition_
Serves approx 6.
- 1 cup buckwheat (preferably activated)
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 12 organic/sulphur free dried figs, sliced
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 cup absolute organic coconut chips (found in the September Goodnessme Box)
- 1/2 cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds (get the big black ones, if you can - if not, the little green ones will work just fine)
- 2 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup OR raw honey OR rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon ground wattle seed
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- Pinch of himalayan salt
Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius fan forced, and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, then spread evenly over tray.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, turning half way through the cooking process.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Store in an airtight container/jar in the cupboard for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for even longer.
Tip: Serve with yoghurt , milk, and/or fruit of choice, or sprinkle over smoothies, porridge, or anything that needs some extra crunch. Blueberries go particularly well with this recipe.