Mmmm! We love nothing more than a perfectly balanced, filling salad. Especially when you add kale sprinkles into the mix!
- 1 cup of sprouted buckwheat grouts
- ½ cup of radish, thinly sliced
- Handful of dill, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- A pinch of kale sprinkles (to serve)
- Dressing: olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt to taste
How to sprout buckwheat grouts:
- Place 1/2 cup buckwheat into a quart jar. Fill with water and allow to soak for 1-2 hr.
- Pour buckwheat into a mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly with cool water. The soak water will become very thick with a starchy so in order to get better sprouting results, you will want to rinse this off as much as possible. Rinse until the water runs clear and is less viscous.
- Leave the seeds in the mesh strainer for the sprouting session. Set the strainer inside of a large bowl to catch any of the draining water. Cover with wet breathable cloth.
- Twice a day rinse and drain the buckwheat.
- Top the grouts from sprouting when small tails form. In warm room it usually takes 12-24 hr to form the sprouts.
- Store sprouted buckwheat in the fridge for 2-3 days.
For the salad:
- Combine all ingredients together. Drizzle on dressing and enjoy!
Thanks @extraordinary.foodsfor this delicious salad recipe!