If you're like us at the GMB HQ, you're crazy for anything Japanese. Lucky for you (and us) it's one of the healthiest cuisines in the world with fresh vegetables, lots of fish and minimal processed products - just simple, clean and wholesome food! And that's why we love this Deconstructed Salmon Sushi Plate that tastes like everything we love about Japanese! The best part is it's super easy to prep the night before and throw together for your lunch the next day. You can find this delicious recipe in our NEW Online Program Going Whole, your 6 week guide to a wholefood life. Click here to find out when Going Whole registrations open!
Recipe: Deconstructed Salmon Sushi Plate
GF | DF | Serves 2
- 2 smoked salmon fillet or a can of pink or red salmon (you can get this from the supermarket)
- 2/3 avocado, sliced
- 1 – 1½ Cup prepared brown rice
- 2-3 Tablespoons pickled ginger
- Wasabi to taste
- 2-4 teaspoon tamari
- Roasted seaweed, shredded
- Divide your ingredients into two even portions
- Assemble half of the first four ingredients on a dinner plate, tasting plate-style and the other half in your lunch container for tomorrow.
- Serve the wasabi and tamari in a small dipping dish and add to the plate.
- Sprinkle the seaweed on top. That’s it!
This goes nicely with a mug of miso soup; Simply add 2-3 teaspoons of light shiro miso paste to a mug, top with just-boiled water, mix well and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
Check out the Going Whole Family Sushi Plate Creations!
When you can't wait for next week's meals on the #goingwhole @goodnessmebox program. A delicious sushi plate #sushiporn - @motiveater
My boyfriend ended up eating the second serving of my sushi plate last night. He usually thinks this "healthy stuff" is lame but, he loved that dish 😂 Loving these Japanese style dishes - my favourite cuisine ❤️ - Cassie C
So damn good! - Kristy M