Far out brussel sprout! Here is a recipe that you won't believe is vegan, sugar, dairy AND gluten free. These parfaits will go down a treat at your next shin-dig. But be wary... others might try to steal a bite.. or 10! Happy baking.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup Pics Peanut Butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 100g dairy free dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 130 degrees (fan forced) and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-large mixing bowl.
- Place rice malt, coconut oil and peanut butter in a small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted and combined.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water then add to saucepan and mix.
- Allow to cool slightly then pour the wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix well until a sticky dough forms.
- Stir through the chopped chocolate – it will melt lightly due to the warm liquids which makes them chocolatey but still with some chunks!
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Cook 2 mins less for chewy cookies or 2 mins more for crispy cookies.
- Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes the transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1 cup Pics Peanut Butter
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ - ½ cup coconut or almond milk (or preserved liquid from coconut cream can)
- Place can of coconut cream in refrigerator overnight to thicken.
- When ready, place mixing bowl in fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Carefully open the can, taking care not to shake. Scrape the thickened cream from the top and reserve the liquid to soften your Pics Peanut Butter.
- Add the vanilla to the coconut cream then using an electric mixer, beat the cream until thick and soft peaks form then return to he fridge for 20 minutes for set.
- In a small bowl combine peanut butter, rice malt syrup and reserved coconut liquid (or a splash of milk) and mix well until smooth and soft.
- Remove coconut cream from the fridge then add a large spoonful peanut butter, mix to the bowl and beat on lowest speed gently. Repeat until all peanut butter has been added then turn to high and beat until creamy and well combined.
- Return to the fridge to set.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce:
- 200ml coconut cream
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (double boiler) and gently whisk while it heats for 5-10 minutes.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, crumble a layer into the bottom of a glass jar.
- Remove the peanut butter mousse from the fridge and whip with a spoon to soften. Spoon a layer of mousse on top of the cookies, followed by a layer of chocolate sauce.
- Repeat each layer, and finish with cookies crumbled on top to garnish
- Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.
Recipe created by GoodnessMe Box Wholefood Cook, Kara Conroy
For more healthy treat recipes, download our FREE Wholefood Sweet Treats Recipe e-Book here.