We had the pleasure of welcoming the ever so lovely Melissa Ambrosini AKA the author of Mastering Your Mean Girl at our Wholefood Markets in November and were thrilled for her to share her message with us. Melissa teaches women how to master their inner Mean Girl, smash through limiting beliefs, and ditch the self-doubt so that they can start truly living the life of their dreams, she also makes a killer Choc Orange Tart that we just had to share with you.
For the base
- 2 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp liquid stevia
For the filling
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 3 eggs (free range and organic)
- 6 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs cacao powder
- 2 tbs cacao butter, melted
- Blend all base ingredients in food processor.
- Line the base of a pie pan with non-stick paper. Press base mixture into the pan and up the sides about 1 cm high. Make it nice and packed down and firm.
- Bake in an oven on 140 degrees until golden brown, then remove from oven to cool down.
- To make the filling, whisk eggs in a saucepan. Add coconut oil and place on a gentle heat until oil is melted into eggs while stirring constantly to avoid the eggs clumping.
- Once melted, add orange juice, orange zest, cacao and stevia. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to get silky. Avoid it getting too thick as the oil will separate.
- Take off heat. Press the mixture through a strainer into the cooled base, leaving only zest in the strainer. (Be sure to scrape the filling off the bottom of the strainer!)
- Shake the pan until the filling covers the whole base evenly.
- Place in fridge to set (approximately 2 hours).
Serve with grated orange zest on top.
Note: You can make these into little tartlets if you prefer.
This recipe comes from Melissa Ambrosini's new eBook The Glow Kitchen.
For more wholefood sweets recipes, download our FREE Wholefood Sweet Treats Recipe e-Book here.