The cold weather is upon is, which is making us crave baked goods for every meal. We couldn't go past this decadent gluten, dairy and refined sugar free Chocolate Crumble. Happy baking!
- 4 cups of The Muesli Classic 97% sugar free muesli
- 3 heaped tsp of coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter (make sure it’s 100% peanuts)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ a tsp of vanilla beans or vanilla powder
- 3 heaped tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 egg (can be omitted to keep the recipe vegan – just makes it more crumbly!)
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked for at least 12 hours in water
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of dessicated coconut (be sure to use 100% coconut)
- ½ a tsp of coffee powder
- Line a 25x15cm baking dish (or similar) with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 180c.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir The Muesli, cinnamon, vanilla and cacao powder until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir the coconut oil, peanut butter and egg together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to The Muesli mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
- Pour into your lined baking dish, using a large spoon to spread the mixture evenly and level the top.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 40 minutes or until the crumble is firm to touch.
- Wait until completely cooled to cut up into 8-10 servings.
- Drain your cashews of the water they’ve been soaking in, reserving the water.
- Add the cashews, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, coffee and 1 tablespoon of the reserved cashew water to your blender.
- Blend on high, regularly scraping down the sides, until you have a chunky but creamy consistency. Add more of the cashew water if required to thin it out.
- Store the cashew coffee cream in the fridge for at least 1 hour prior to serving – this will allow it to set. If it dries at all, add a teaspoon of water and stir well.
Thanks to The Muesli for this indulgent recipe! See more of them here: Instagram| Facebook| Website