Here at GoodnessMe Box we are big fans of sharing dessert – Split this between two and you have a perfectly sized, portion-controlled dessert that’s wholesome too. Recipe by Melissa Fine, Nutritionist and GoodnessMe Box Health Editor
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup almond or hazelnut meal
- 1 teaspoon 100% cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or 2-3 drops stevia for a sugar free option)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon natural peanut butter
- In a small, deep bowl, combine coconut oil and egg.
- Add remaining ingredients to oil and egg mixture, except the peanut butter. Mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into a tall mug and place the 2 tsp of peanut butter on top (don’t mix this in). Pour remaining batter on top.
- Microwave in the mug for 1 minute, or until top of muffin is cooked through. Leave to cool for a couple minutes, then place mug upside on a plate – It should slide right out.
- Cut in half and enjoy with a friend!