These truffles are so yummy you’ll think you’re eating something naughty. We like to keep a batch of these in the fridge as a convenient, nutritious and portion controlled indulgence for when the 3pm sweet tooth cravings kicks in.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp Freeze Dried Davidson Plum
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbs coconut nectar
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 tbs Freeze Dried Davidson Plum
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a blender.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all wet ingredients to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the blender and pulse until a cookie-dough like mixture forms.
- Prepare a mixing bowl full of clean, warm water (for wetting and cleaning hands) and a separate plate for each of the coatings. Place each coating ingredient on a separate plate. Roll each truffle ball in one of these coatings and set aside. Be sure to wet your hands between rolling each ball to avoid contaminating the coatings. This will also make rolling less sticky.